A baking beekeeper


The weather has been pretty horrible this weekend so I haven't been able to get out and into the Beehaus. However, it has been good weather for baking, which is a good thing as I had a charity tea party to contribute to today. 

So, yesterday the honeycomb cake tin made an appearance. The lemon and honey cake always looks impressive when baked - more to do with the shape of the cake tin than the skill of the baker. I also had fun moulding some little yellow bees for the cake and some of the cupcakes I made too. Any excuse to bake :) 


Comments

  1. These are so cute! Can I ask how you made the bees, are they marzipan with black icing and almonds for wings?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya Emily,

    I have used marzipan before, which works well, but this was yellow royal icing I found at Tesco. The wings are flaked almonds. The eyes and stripes I actually did with melted chocolate. So, I melted the chocolate and then dipped a toothpick into the chocolate and then drew on the icing. It works well, as long as you have a steady hand, and the chocolate also dries so you don't get any smudging. Have a go - they are such a hit!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts